Friday, December 3, 2010

Thoughts of the Day

So thinking through how my day went yesterday. Pretty well overall. The last day of classes and the last day that I will have classes on campus. A pretty weird feeling, but a good one. A girl in my class has been talking about staying positive and having a better attitude about life. I was thinking of this last night and decided that's actually a great idea and I should try it too. She keeps a little notebook with her and she writes cute quotes or idea that she hears in it. One I heard recently was from a girl in my ward who was speaking about being thankful. She read a quote that was something similar to this.

I am thankful...

.. for the husband who complains when his dinner is
not on time, because it means he is home with me, not
with someone else.
.. for the teenager who is complaining about doing
dishes, because it means she/he is at home, not on the
streets.
.. for the taxes that I pay, because it means that I
am employed .
.. for the mess to clean after a party, because it
means that I have been surrounded by friends.
.. for the clothes that fit a little too snug,
because it means I have enough to eat.
.. for my shadow that watches me work, because it
means I am out in the sunshine.
.. for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need
cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it
means I have a home.
.. for all the complaining I hear about the
Government, because it means we have freedom of speech.
.. for the parking spot I find at the far end of the
parking lot, because it means I am capable of
walking, and that I have been blessed with
transportation.
.. for my huge heating bill, because it means I am
warm.
.. for the lady behind me in church that sings off
key, because it means that I can hear.
.. for the pile of laundry and ironing, because it
means I have clothes to wear.
.. for weariness and aching muscles at the end of the
day, because it means I have been capable of working
hard and using those limbs.
.. for the alarm that goes off in the early morning,
because it means that I am alive.
.... and for too much e-mail, because it means I have
friends who are thinking of me and are trying to make
me smile even when they are out of touch.

I really liked this and made me think of all the complaining I do about the blessing I have in my life. I'm trying to look at life in a more positive way and be grateful for what I have and count my many blessings.

1 comment:

Sarah and Trevor said...

I love that too! I guess I shouldn't complain about all that stuff because they really are blessing in disguise!!