Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tis the Season. . .

So I'm finally home for the holidays, and unfortunately I'm not having quite the time that I expected. While I was still in Cedar I was at home alone for the majority of the day almost every day since school ended. I watched Christmas movie after Christmas movie on TV while working on projects and then when I would get tired of them I would turn on Christmas music. I just couldn't get enough of them. Now I'm home and for some reason I'm not really feeling the Christmas spirit. I have a kind of grumpy attitude and don't feel like doing anything. I'm trying to be happy and pleasant to be around but I don't feel that It's really working that well. Maybe it's because I feel like I've been running myself ragged with an extra long semester, starting student teaching early and trying to get ready for Christmas at home and then again for it in Moab and now I am finally really feeling the effects of it. I finally have a few spare minutes and I'm bored. Free time? Who's ever heard of that! I'm so used to being so busy all the time I don't know what to do with myself. I know I just have a bad attitude and I need to just get over it and enjoy the time I have to spend with my family and make some good memories. I hate to share this bad attitude with everyone that may read this but I feel like several areas of stress in my life at this point are just starting to show themselves and I'm having a hard time keeping the negative feelings of frustration in. So sorry if I get upset easily over small meaningless things. . . but I'm working on it. On a more positive note I am almost totally ready for Christmas.

No comments: